Researchers reveal how your glasses may very well be leaking secrets and techniques while you’re on video convention calls, we check out current knowledge leaks involving Uber and Grand Theft Auto 6, and we check out threats that could be simply across the nook. the nook…
All this and way more is mentioned within the newest version of the “Smashing Safety” podcast from pc safety veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Register’s Iain Thomson.
Additionally, do not miss our featured interview with Sal Aurigemma, college director of the Grasp of Science in Cyber Safety program on the College of Tulsa.
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Iain Thomson- @ainthomson
- “Iain Exotic,” Iain Thomson’s costumed tribute to Joe Exotic, the Tiger King – Twitter.
- “Personal Eye: On the Limits of Textual Display screen Peeking through Eyeglass Reflections in Video Conferencing”: Analysis paper by Yan Lengthy, Chen Yan, Shilin Xiao, Shivan Prasad, Wenyuan Xu, and Kevin Fu.
- “We saved you a seat in chat” – Fairly a big textual content on the Twitch web site.
- Stalker obtained nearer to the eyes of the Japanese idol to seek out out the place she lived: Graham Cluley.
- Uber seeks more security personnel – Twitter.
- Uber explains the way it was performed this month, factors finger at Lapsus$ gang: The Register.
- Uber hacker *irritated* his means into your community, stole inner paperwork: Graham Cluley.
- Safety replace – Uber.
- Grand Theft Auto 6 maker confirms supply code and movies stolen in cyber heist: The Register.
- Cybersecurity Consciousness Month – CISA.
- The Terrifying Way forward for the Web: How Tomorrow’s Know-how Will Pose Even Greater Cybersecurity Threats – ZDNet.
- US authorities spends billions on cybersecurity: Hacker Information.
- The Mitchells vs The Machines trailer – YouTube.
- The Mitchells vs. the Machines – Netflix.
- NASA is able to deflect an asteroid with its DART: New Scientist spacecraft.
- DART’s small companion satellite tv for pc takes flight earlier than impression – NASA.
- Search and discover UK defibrillator places close to you now – HeartSafe.
- Apply for a Partially Funded Public Entry Defibrillator: British Coronary heart Basis.
- Defibrillator Information for First Time Patrons: St John’s Ambulance.
- Each faculty could have a life saving defibrillator by 22/23 – Gov.UK.
- Smashing Safety merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and different issues)
- Pentera – Pentera’s automated safety validation platform is designed to assist groups improve their safety posture towards trendy threats throughout your complete assault floor. Assess your safety readiness with steady, constant autonomous testing with granular visibility into each run alongside the best way.
- Kolide – The SaaS app that sends staff essential, well timed, and related safety suggestions concerning their Mac, Home windows, and Linux gadgets, proper inside Slack.
- Bitwarden – password safety you’ll be able to belief. Bitwarden is an open supply password supervisor trusted by tens of millions of individuals, groups, and organizations world wide to securely retailer and share passwords.
Assist this system:
You may assist the podcast by telling your pals and colleagues about “Smashing Safety” and by leaving us a overview on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Change into a Patreon supporter to get ad-free episodes and our early launch feed!
Comply with us:
Comply with the present on Twitter at @SmashinSecurityor on the Smashing Safety subreddit, or go to our web site for extra episodes.
Musical theme: “Vinyl Reminiscences” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assortment of sound results: AudioBlocks.
Did you discover this text attention-grabbing? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to learn extra of the unique content material we publish.
– Uber, Rockstar, and crystal balls • Graham Cluley